Friday, January 25, 2008
Poor Ty!
Drama, Drama, Drama!Our family has been racking up some serious medical bills lately! When I took Tyli in for her 1 year appointment at the beginning of this month, she had an ear infection, which we treated with antibiotics. Done. Today I took her in for a three week re-check, which I was going to call and cancle because she's fine and frankly, I don't want to pay another Dr. bill this month. Anyhow, we went and the dr. started to look in her ear and she started screaming. Then the next words out of his mouth were "Oh, wow." Which he explained as Tyli not having an outer, inner, or middle ear infection- it's a very bad ALL ear infection. WHAT!?! So they immediatly gave her a big shot of a super antibiotic (no, Mom, not just the penicilian one like we used to get.) and had us wait an additional 30 minutes to make sure there was no side effect to the shot and then sent us with a prescription for the $42 antibiotic which she'll take for 10 more days and then we have to back again in 2 more weeks. I feel aweful for Tyli who has been taking a super long nap so far. I should have seen the signs- fevers (but who's kids haven't had a fever lately!), (heat)rash all over her little body, not eating much of anything, crying while sleeping (which I thought was teething- which she is). I should cut myself some slack, afterall, I'm doing the best I can! But Tyli, Mommy's sorry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment