Ok, so that question is silly, but for reals, it would save us bunches on medical bills! After Tyli went to the doctor on Friday, Dallin woke up to go to the bathroom at 11:00 p.m. and ended up throwing up at the same time. We went running in to discover he had made it in the toilet (YEA!!!) but was burning up, so Cauley sat with him in the bathroom (Dallin's choice) for about 20 minutes while I prepared his bed with towels and a bucket "just in case." He was up again about 20 minutes later doing the same thing, but this time didn't want to go back to bed, so I "slept" with him on the couch all night. (He actually slept while I tried deciphering his moaning and wriggling as sleeping or being ready to puke again.) Lucky for me, he was done with the throwing up, but the fever continued. The next day he said he was ok, but that night at dinner he got the shakes real bad because his fever was so high. A Tylonol/Motrin combo knocked it out and Sunday he was fabulous. So far, nobody else shows any signs of getting sick here, but with our luck it won't be long. I am going to be sending a note home with all my preschool parents this week reminding them to NOT bring their child if he or she is running a fever, feeling ill, or has a bad cold. I feel mean about it, but something's gotta give- we have never been this sick and for such a long period of time!
UpDate: As I am writing this update a day later, most of what I said above changed about Dallin. He was up most of Sunday night/Monday morning crying because his ear hurt, so of course, me being the wonderful mom that I am, took him to see Dr. Jones this morning. ANOTHER ear infection! Something good did come out of this dr. visit though, and that is that since we were once again prescribed a heavier dose of antibiotics which cost way more than the $4 amoxocillan at Walmart, I was told to try getting it filled at Costco because it's cheaper. It was too! Ty's cost over $42 for the exact same medicine, smaller dose and we got Dallin's for under $35! Plus, we got another discount for being a Costco member- so it came to $32 and some change! (I guess you don't have to be a member to get your prescriptions there?) PLUS, we only had to wait 20 minutes as opposed to 1 hr., 40 minutes at Walgreens and Walmart! Dallin still has a pretty high fever and is hurting real bad so after FHE tonight (which just happened to be on the Priesthood :) Brother Bunker from down the street came over and helped Cauley give him a blessing. Thanks, Cauley for being such a wonderful example for your kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment