I got a call a week and a half before Higley's homecoming asking me if I could do cookies for their refreshments for their homecoming dance. I jumped at the chance! It was a bit stressful as I have never done "shaped" cookies before, but I think overall they turned out great! (The Theme of the dance was "Come Sail Away With Me" and so I was asked to do a nautical theme.) I ended up having an anchor, lighthouses, sailboats, life savors, and just red and blue filler circles. They asked me not only to make the cookies and decorate them, but to also decorate my table. (The rest of the gym where the dance was held looked AMAZING!!!) I got lots of compliments all night long, mostly, surprisingly, from the students who were at the dance. I do have to say, I could not have pulled off these 550 cookies and the decorated table without two of my greatest friends ever, Charai Allen and Carrie YoungerHoward! (Thanks again you two- I LOVE you!) (We did not paint the lighthouse behind us- it was already there.)

 |
| Charai and I after setting up our table. I just love her to pieces!!! |
 |
| "sailboats, anchors, and life savors" |
 |
| "lighthouses and sailboats" |
 |
| "anchors and life savor" |
I got to attend the dance where I made sure the cookies kept getting eaten. At first all the kids were afraid to eat them because they thought they were just for decoration, but it didn't take long before I was busy restocking the plates until the end of the dance. There were only a few cookies left over, which made me feel good because they were BIG cookies. I had a blast watching the StuCo kids next to me try and serve the cotton candy! The music was L-O-U-D!!! And, in the end, I was EXHAUSTED, but it was definitely worth it! I am now looking forward to Prom!
No comments:
Post a Comment