Sunday, July 22, 2012

California Vacation Day 1

 We decided to change things up a bit this year and go on our first Clark Family- family vacation! We have always only gone to AZ or ID and back- to visit family, but felt we needed to get out and PLAY- and see some other places. So, after not much debate from the kids, we booked our hotel and destination- Southern California! My parents met us there, driving from Idaho to Vegas to Cali.

We woke up early Monday morning and drove to Carlsbad, California. Our first stop was getting gas, which just happened to be where the navy seals were gassing up their trucks and boats. Their truck were HUGE and they let us take a picture by one...

Then we met my parents who were on their way into town at Taco Bell for lunch before hitting Lego Land. We were very excited!


Can you find Halli?
 Luckily, Halli was able to ride quite a few rides seeing as she was 34 inches tall. (Not all, but some.) Tyli could ride most, except for the ones with water and roller coasters because of her broken arm. The boys could ride everything!


Like I said- Tyli couldn't ride some of the rides because of her arm so when we went on a roller coaster which she and Halli couldn't ride (Halli was much too short!), Grandpa Ruth took the girls over to get their faces painted.


Thanks Grandpa!




Mom, you are looking a little sunburned- even though it was mostly overcast! Just waiting in line- something we did most of the day. Good thing my kids are patient!

I'm pretty sure this was Halli's favorite ride! She kept saying "I go up, I go dowm. I go up, I go dowm." (down)


The kids all earned their drivers liscences- except Halli- she was too little. 

McKade did have a small issue with road rage after someone cut him off. Pretty funny! He threw his hands up in the air like "what do you think you're doing!?!" We all laughed at him.




The boys favorite display- Harry Potter.
This is only a small fraction of the pictures we took. I'm having a hard time loading the others. Anyways, we headed out and to dinner before going back to the hotel and crashing for the night- everyone was exhausted!

No comments: