It's football season again! That means many weeks of 2 games a week. Cauley has been coaching JV this year. He is really enjoying coaching with the other JV coaches. His games are on Thursdays. Then Varsity plays on Friday nights and Cauley is the stat keeper and is also double jobbing it by being a spotter up on top of the press box. (He's one of the coaches with a headset on that relays information down to the coaches on the field.)
 |
The cutest cheerleader Higley has had yet!
Tyli has really enjoyed this football season. I let he wear her cheer costume for the first time about halfway through the season. We were down by the fence saying hello to Cauley before the game when the cheerleaders saw her. They thought she was so cute so the cheer coach asked if we'd come back at halftime for a picture with her and the cheer squad. Well, when we went back at halftime, Tyli was acting all shy. (?) Anyways, the picture didn't happen but Jenna, the cheer coach, asked if Tyli could sit down by her. I approved and sat with them for a bit. Jenna talked to Tyli about what it means to be a cheerleader and showed her some fun stuff like how to do a "scorpion" and how to hold your hands, etc. Anyways, Tyli was behaving so I went back up to my seat in the stands. I looked down just in time to see the 2 head cheerleaders climbing over the chain link fence to Tyli. They then taught her a couple of cheers and before I knew it, they, along with the rest of the Higley JV Cheerleaders, were doing the cheer with Tyli leading them (facing us!). CUTE!!! Tyli thought she was all that and a bag of chips! She did those cheers day and night for the next few weeks. At the Queen Creek game (we played @QC), we didn't have our cheerleaders for some reason so Tyli took her pom poms down, stood in front, and cheered her little heart out! She only remembered 2 of the cheers, but she even got some crowd participation. "Let's go big H!" (clap, clap) repeat. "H-H-S Yeah!" repeat. |
 |
| The boys have also loved the football season. They have now got to bring along 2 friends. (Up from last year with no friends!) I figured it's easier for them to entertain each other than for me to keep entertaining them. The first game of the season Cauley let them go up on top of the press box with him during the 4th quarter. Then, I let Dallin invite Dalton (pictured) for another varsity game. (The boys earned this one by their AWESOME report cards!) They had SO much fun! We started off by going and getting pizza and cashing in some of our footballs (like the one Dallin is holding in this picture) for free large drinks at Sonic. The I brought out the hair paint and sprayed the boys' hair blue and the girls got glitter. Dalton loved watching the pregame stuff and then during the game the boys found 2 cowbells down under the bleachers when they went down to find one of Tyli's dropped pom poms. I caught a football that was thrown by the cheerleaders (they give you a free large soda at Sonic) which Dalton also got to take home. They had a BLAST! The next week we played Queen Creek at Higley and it was the night of 100 horns! Mr. Wilson who is a super Higley fan bought them all and handed them out to the first 100 people to ask for them. (They are identical to the horns blown and used in the World Cup Soccer tournament.) Let's just say it was very LOUD that night! My family got 3 of them, but I think they are all broken now. Then this last Friday night I let the boys invite their good friend Karsen to come. Again, they had way too much fun. It hasn't been the most successful season ever, but it's been fun. |
No comments:
Post a Comment