Can you believe she's 6 months old already? I can't! My sweet little one may look like a 6 month old, but she sure doesn't act like one! Halli weighed in at her 6 month appointment at a whopping 14 lbs, 6 oz and measured a little over 27 3/4 inches long! (Very normal for my kids- in fact, she is the shortest of all my kids at this age.) The interesting part is that she still won't roll, grab most things, and sit up. The pediatrician isn't concerned at all- he says it's because her siblings do everything for her, which is very true! She CAN roll over, she just really is against it. In fact, the first thing she does when I lay her in her crib is roll to her sides, catching herself from rolling over. She also can grab things, but usually she'll just wait until someone puts in it her hand or her mouth for her. I was starting to wonder if she could do it one day when I turned around to find her with a handful of flour going toward her mouth. (I was making bread and she was sitting in the bumbo next to my baking area.) She is also really good at grabbing and pulling handfuls of Tyli's hair out!) She is almost sitting on her own- just not good enough for me to leave her on the floor sitting just yet.
Halli LOVES food- just like her siblings! She is almost through all of the veggies so far and definitely doesn't like the green ones. She eats more than one jar a meal, and STILL wants to nurse afterwards. Her 2 little teeth are like razors, and it won't be long before she's eating everything we are!
Halli is sleeping mostly through the night- she still thinks 3 a.m. is playtime, but will usually play for awhile and then go back to sleep. Nap times, however, are still very difficult with her- no schedule, usually only half hour naps. GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
She is starting to say a few things like mama, dada, and well, that's it. I love that she said mama first- my first child to say it before saying dada. Halli still loves to blow raspberries and spit at her siblings! Her shirts are usually always soaked right through.
I love this little monkey more than she'll ever know! I feel blessed to have her in our family!

1 comment:
Looks like your family has had a fun last couple of months. Fun update! It appears you and the fam are excellent. Can you believe you are a mother of four? That spider is SUPER creepy! I would have been freaking out!
Post a Comment