Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Birthday, D-Man!!!

I can't believe my baby is 7!!! I still remember EVERYTHING the day/night he was born! One more year and then he gets to be baptized- WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE!?!

Dallin's birthday was really low-key this year; an off year for his party, so we decided very last minute to invite his cousins over for a BBQ and cake. He has been asking for Lego cakes for quite some time now, and I agreed. However, the cake he requested inside (red velvet) was WAY too moist and didn't want the frosting on it! I struggled with these cakes (which should have been VERY easy to make!) for about 3 hours total! (Hey- Don't judge- YOU try making this kind of cake and frosting it in this heat!:)

I made the mistake, while wrestling the cakes, of sending Cauley to the store for party favors. If you know my hubby, you know his sense of humor is a little wacko sometimes. He came home with hillbilly teeth- a pair for every cousin! We definitely had a good laugh for quite a while watching each cousin try theirs on! Sorry I didn't add pictures of us adults with them- they were too scary!


These two sweet cousins didn't get to try some on yet, but they sure look cute together! "T." (Steph's baby) is 2 months older than Halli. They really look alike in this picture to me.
I asked Dallin if he wanted me to put something sentimental on here about him, and he was adamant that I did not do so. I do love him so much though! Instead of posting it on here, he wants a private note; one that he can always keep and nobody but his family can read. (He's so funny like that sometimes!) Happy Birthday, Dallin!

No comments: