
Guess what I got for my birthday this year? (Hint: I've been asking for one for about 10 years now!) I got a new sewing machine! My wonderful hubby surprised me and picked out the PERFECT machine! (I don't think I've mentioned yet how much I LOVE it!) I didn't actually get to use it on my birthday as we waited until the following week for it to go on sale at Joann's and for them to get a new shipment in, but I was finally able to break it open and start sewing last week. So, without pins, a measuring tape, or anything most (smart) people would use to make their daughter a dress or skirt, I went ahead and made the dress for Ty that I've had the material for for a little while now. (Some people have asked how the heck I measured it, and I'll tell you the same thing- I used a piece of thread.) It is FAR from perfect, but I am NOT perfect as you all know. (There are definitely things I'd do differently if I were to make it over again!) I have never sewn on a machine I have loved so much before. I can't even begin to tell you how "natural" this machine feels to me. It's SO easy to use and I can't wait for more free time so I can make something else! I was hoping to find some white leggings instead of tights and also a long sleeved shirt that fits tighter underneath (this one is way too baggy and bunches funny after Tyli moves around), but that will have to wait. OR, I could make them!?! (just kidding!) Now I can't wait to get sewing some new baby items.
3 comments:
how fun! it looks great!! and happy birthday! what kind of machine did you get?
Jenn- I got a Singer "Confidence." It's way easy to use! (I LOVE it!)
Jami I am the worst friend ever. I can't remember anyones birthday this year (we even missed Justin's dad's birthday and didn't realize it until 3 weeks later). We need to get together so bad. I have been crazy busy with Relay and Christmas but we should get together over break. Are you going to Idaho? Call me! Oh and we will need to sew some cute stuff for that new baby of yours!
Post a Comment