Monday, June 15, 2009

It's good to be home!

I love that we get to go to Idaho and visit my family twice a year! We made our trip early this year so we could also attend Amy's, Cauley's cousin's, wedding. I didn't believe my sister and mom when they kept saying that they were getting so much rain, but even the drive up to Idaho proved me wrong! Everything is so much greener than I remember it ever being! It rained every single day we were there, sometimes never stopping, just letting up every now and then. It was definitely chilly even for a June in Idaho!


This is the real reason I went- to see my new handsome nephew, Weston Scott Foster. Please excuse the nakedness- it made him very happy! He is 3 weeks old in this picture, and such a darling little guy!

Cauley took the boys over to the "dirt hills" during an unusual spot of dry weather. He let them get as muddy as they could before he gave them a bath with my mom's hose. They did an all right job, but I think they could have gotten dirtier.



This is my Grandma Ruth. She just celebrated her 90th birthday almost a month ago. My kids love going to visit her and still talk about her "frozen" cookies!


We had so much fun! Make sure you check out the posts below to see more of our adventures. After the zoo, we did stay in Utah with a bunch of Cauley's family in a house we rented for the weekend. Everyone was there because of Amy's wedding which was BEAUTIFUL! I neglected to take any pictures the night we got there. The next morning was the wedding. I got up early to shower, and just as I was finishing getting ready, I heard my kids wake up. They played around for a while before I heard a LOUD thud and then McKade start to scream. I ran upstairs to find that after waking, he had climbed up to the top bunk to be with "Uncle" Jeff. McKade went to sit down and missed the bed, falling all the way to the floor backward. He had put his arm back to stop himself, so I'm sure you've guessed by now what happened. An hour after his accident, we went to an urgent care where they quickly got everything taken care of. He has a buckle fracture in both his bones a little below his wrist. They put a temporary cast on it for now until the swelling goes down and then he gets his cast on Wednesday. Anyways, we had our camera at the temple, luncheon, and reception, but with me being worried about McKade, I neglected to take any pictures. Sorry!


This is a picture of us almost home from our vacation. We had to go pick up our "puppy", Chim Chim from his "vacation" before we returned home. He loves to sit on Dallin in the car. The kids wouldn't leave him alone. If you look careful, you can see the "splint" on McKade's left arm. I promise pictures of it later.

No comments: