There can be a lot of downtime whenever we go to Idaho, so we are always trying to come up with things to do to occupy our time. Since there's not a lot to do in Pocatello, we have to be creative. This time I decided we should go for a hike up around Cherry Springs. It had been raining for a long time, but it was still fun!
Here is our first area we explored. The kids loved being near the running water!

We learned how afraid of worms McKade is earlier in the week. Well, his fear of snakes is parallel. We were hiking and he'd scream and jump every time he saw a worm. We were getting ready to cross this bridge and Dallin was scared because he thought there would be a water moccasin in the stream. Just as we had him convinced that no water moccasins live in Idaho, McKade screamed "SNAKE!" We thought he saw another worm, but we found what he was pointing at just as the back end slithered in between some rocks. We told them what kind of snake it was, and later when they were telling my mom and dad, they told them they found a "gardening snake." You can see how worried Dallin is in this picture after the snake went away.
We ended up seeing another snake a little further down the path. Good thing they were little ones, or I'm sure my kids would have found out how terrified of snakes I am too!
We ended up seeing another snake a little further down the path. Good thing they were little ones, or I'm sure my kids would have found out how terrified of snakes I am too!
No comments:
Post a Comment