Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lets rewind, shall we?


I know all of my pictures are way out of order, but at least they are there!

I know, long time, no post once again. I didn't even take advantage of my parent's computer and post pictures as promised. Sorry. You have probably guessed by now that we are home- back into the decent temperatures once agin, although I must say, I am still freezing! (The only time I'm not freezing is from June-November when I am in deed roasting!) A lot has happened between last post and now, but I'll only fill you in on a few fun things. First of all, the snow. By now you may know that I don't care too much for it other than looking at it, but holy cow! Cauley and I both agree we got over 2 feet- yes my friends, 2 FEET of snow while we were at my parent's house! That is not official, but it's pretty close to what we (and yes, that means I actually went outside and helped too- pictures and a video to prove it!) shoveled while we were in Idaho. It was lovely, as long as we didn't have to go out in it. (which we did.)

Christmas Eve is always fun for the Ruth family. We always go over to my Grandma's house (Grandma Ruth) and have a BIG party. It may not seem like a lot of people for those reading this, but when you add all the young kids into the mix, it can be hectic. I actually think things went rather smoothly this year! Dallin got to be Joseph for the annual Nativity story reinactment thing, but he wouldn't open his mouth to talk. Afterward, instead of the Christmas elf, who usually leaves new jammies or Christmas socks or slippers for everyone, Santa came and joined us! It was hilarious, and I have to say, this "Santa's Helper" really livened things up! He brought everyone a santa hat and candy. Then it was time to head home to get the little ones ready for bed.
Christmas morning was nice. Cauley and I pretty much had to wake up the kids to open presants. We opened our family stuff up down stairs in my mom's basement where we stay and then headed upstairs for more presants. It's a tradition since we've been married for us to have cinamon rolls, orange rolls, and donuts for breakfast on Christmas. This year my dad bought those huge donuts for Cauley and Luke (Jeni's husband) which were supprising delicious for how big they were!
This is where I am going to end, as Tyli's birthday is the day after Christmas so you will have probably already read about that.

1 comment:

Melissa M. said...

Those are some fun pictures!
Where does one aquire such a donut as that...