Well, we made it. It was one of the longest car rides ever- 18 1/2 hours actually, but we are here. Flagstaff had a lot of snow, Knab, UT had even more, but the rodes were ok which was a big blessing. We did have consistent fog from Paige to Knab, but it wasn't horrible. We made excellent time until we got to Provo where we got stuck behind our first wreck. A truck and trailer had jack-knifed up onto the median wall. Then we moved well through the Valley until we came upon what we later found out was multiple wrecks that stretched on for about 6 miles. After spending an hour on the freeway stuck in the traffic, we were diverted off the freeway about 3 miles East for another 2 hours of going 5 miles an hour or less. (Mostly we just sat not moving at all.) No fun- not at all!! However, I do have to say that our children were AWESOME! No, whining, fighting, or crying- the entire ride! We did make an extra "pit stop" in Tremonton, UT once we got moving on the freeway after the big wreck because the kids hadn't been to the bathroom in over 6 hours, but we didn't mind. I think we all needed a break from the car for a few minutes. Anyways, instead of pulling into my parent's house at 5:30. we got here at 8:30.
The coldest we've seen so far is 3 degrees- near Flagstaff. It's a toasty 23 outside right now, and guess what- we woke up to TONS of snow! School has been cancelled in all local areas, and many people are staying inside today. My dad said there was at least 12 inches in the roads- only about 8 inches on top of things. Cauley pulled into my dad's parking spot in the driveway while my dad's at work so when the snow plow comes by we don't get buried.I am so happy to have a white Christmas! It is really beautiful outside. I am even happier that we don't have to stay here forever- I only love to look at the snow! Cauley and my boys went sledding at 8:00 this morning and had a great time. We learned yesterday that Tyli doesn't care for the snow so much so she stayed here with me in the nice, warm, dry house. We have to beg Dallin to come in- he could play in the freezing white stuff for forever. I wonder how much more we'll get before we head home- the forecast is for snow showers through next Sunday!
I will try and post pictures this wee- my parents don't have dial-up internet like us so it will be a lot easier!
2 comments:
How fun! Sounds like one heck of a drive. I'll miss you at the ornament exchange (no sarcasm whatsoever!) Have a great Christmas!
Glad to hear you made it up here! :) Today was crazy... It hasn't been like that in forever. So how long are you staying, I would love to see you! We are leaving on Wednesday to go to Montana and will be home on Sunday. If you are going to be in town after that let me know. Would love to see you again!
Post a Comment