Tuesday, August 19, 2008

He did it!

I'm sure, since most of you are parents who read this blog, that you too have delighted in the accomplishments your children make in life. I am almost jumping with joy at Dallin's latest accomplishment. His homework this week includes practicing tying his shoes. (5 times today, 3 more tomorrow, etc.) I was a bit worried because Cauley has been working with him for a few months now when he gets his Sunday Shoes on, and I get frustrated watching. Well, I bit my lip and told Dallin that since the rule is that he get his homework done right after school before he can go play, I would (reluctantly) help him today. First time, a little shaky. Second time...HE GOT IT! (ALL BY HIMSELF, as I went to get Tyli out of trouble!) Of course I made him practice his last three times, but he does such a great job! I told him he could show daddy when he got home but he insists that no, he practiced 5 times and that's all he has to do! I am so proud of you, Dallin! I love you!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I loved that day!! It means no more trying to have him do it himself but getting frustrated cuz he isn't fast enough and will miss the bus!! Oh how I love it when they learn to tie!

Leilani said...

Rachel has still not learned to tie her shoes - I bet Emily beats her! Maybe I should send them both over to your house!