Disclaimer to all you women friends out there who don't like baseball:
Don't read- I will totally bore you to death, as I personally LOVE it!
What a FANtastic night!- Thanks, Cauley! (I am referring to my Valentine's Day present of tickets to the Diamondbacks/Rockies game.) Anyways, the day finally came and we found wonderful sitters. (A VERY BIG THANKS TO KATHY, MIKE, AND JEFF for watching our bambinos and putting them all to bed for us last night- especially you, Jeff, as I know you don't like "being stuck" watching our kids.) Cauley and I met at my in-laws house at five, kissed the kids good night, stopped by Hungry Howies to pick up some pizza, and drove about 45 minutes into downtown Phoenix to Chase Field for my much anticipated night out with my wonderful hubby. Upon entering the gate, we immediately spotted some fellow teachers from Higley and proceeded to our seats. TALK ABOUT AMAZING SEATS! I really couldn't have asked for better seating, unless we were to splurge (and that would have to be a MAJOR splurge!) and sit on top of the dugout. We sat just left of the left field line- right behind the left fielder; row 25 seats 1 & 2. The people in front of us sat a little lower to the field, but I don't know how well they could see everything the way we could. Anyways, we weren't sitting long before we noticed we were REALLY close to the bull pen. Randy Johnson, who I've admired for several years now, was starting to warm up and he was sure making that ball "pop" in the catcher's glove! I snuck over a few seats to watch over the wall, and was very surprised to see Mr. Johnson's head within 2 feet of my face. (That man is VERY tall! I believe he is 6'10" or something like that.) I could almost reach out and touch his face I was so close! Anyways, after some not-so-nice looks from the lady who I stood in front of, I went back to my seat and gave Cauley a chance to go watch.
The game was exciting, with the D-backs pulling out ahead in the first by scoring 3 runs and holding off Colorado. I missed the only home run hit by AZ as I called my parents and were telling them to watch the game, but that's ok. The Diamondbacks easily won. Cauley kept making fun of me for cheering so much, but hey, when you live in AZ and have only been to 2 games in a little over 8 years, you gotta give love when you have the chance.
Speaking of giving a little love- Cauley and I got on the kissing cam! Yah, we didn't see it coming, and it was an awkward kiss, but hey, it was fun! Just really weird and random we were "chosen" during that little segment.
All in all, it was a very fun night. A
BIG THANKS to my amazing and wonderful husband, Cauley!
(We're still working on the picture taken of us last night and I promise I will post it as soon as we get it- if we ever do.)
2 comments:
I got an offer for tickets to tonights game and I turned them down. Do you want me to call to find out if they still have them?
no thanks. I would really love to, but it's the Higley track banquet and I kinda really need to be there to support the head coach. (Cauley) Thanks for offering though!
Post a Comment