Monday, May 5, 2008
I just couldn't miss this oportunity to post
We have really been trying, as a family, to make our Sabbath days more "holy." Kinda hard with 3 little ones, let me tell you! Our first goal is to try and turn off the TV, meaning no movies for the kids or anything, except they can watch whatever until 9:00 a.m. because we aren't going to deal with them from 6:00 a.m. until church time which is 2:00p.m. So, yesterday, after agreeing earlier in the week as a family, off went the TV at 9:00! Everything was fine as McKade asked why we had to turn it off. I explained we were turning off the TV and turning on some nice church music so the Holy Ghost would want to come into our home and be with our family. (How else do you explain it to a 2 yer old?) He accepted it, and went over to play at the front window with his trucks. At about 11:00 there was a knock on the door from a young man in our ward named Ben who came to collect Fast Offerings. I opened the door to see McKade's face in awe! I quickly filled everything out and sent Ben on his way with our fast offerings, and as soon as the door was closed, McKade started jumping up and down saying, "He came! He came! The Holy Ghost came into our house!" I took the moment for what it was worth and used it as a "teaching moment", trying to explain about the Holy Ghost, but he didn't want an explanation, or to listen- he saw what he saw, and there was no changing his mind. It was funny, and we laughed about it for a while. then we went to church and McKade was wrestless until he looked up and saw the Priests setting up the Sacrament table. Ben was there preparing, and McKade yelled out, "Look, see? It's the Holy Ghost!" to which there were many giggles and smiles in our direction. I think Ben has a lot to live up to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
that is hilarious!! i love when they do stuff like that!
Love your new background!
Serious? McKade you're killin' me!
I love it! Two year olds have the best imagination! Love it love it!
How cute! I love how innocent children are. :)
What a fun story. Thank you for posting. Kids really do ground us! Without them we would go crazy. I to love the new background.
Ben is a guy who always has the spirit with him, so McKade's statement was really true!
Thank you for finding my blog! I like yours too (especially the cool background). I saw that you live in Arizona...I'm so jealous. That's my dream; I love it there...so gorgeous.
Stop by anytime!
www.themeanestmom.blogspot.com
Post a Comment