Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Disturbing and sad
I was loading my 3 small children into the van today so we could make our trek into our new Wal-Mart when to my horror I heard a car speeding down the street in front of us. I looked up just in time to see a small dog flying through the air, landing at the foot of the opposite side of the road neighbor's driveway. These neighbors where also getting into their vehicle to leave with their 4 small children, and upon seeing the poor pooch screaming in agony lying on their property, they ran to the rescue. Then I saw the dog's owner, who, when the tragedy unfolded, was only about 2 feet away from the poor thing, taking him for a walk. The owner quickly ran over, but couldn't bear to look down, sobbing for his lost friend. The mother of the family quickly quited the dying dog, carressing it, letting it know it was loved as the dog quietly left this world. The father ushered the kids back into the house and found a blanket to cover the dog. This is when I noticed that my youngest son saw the horrific event take place. The questions started coming after this, and I was so distraught that I had a hard time answering. We quickly said a prayer, but it was faithless. The father was now holding the very upset owner, letting him sob uncontollably on his shoulder. I didn't want to keep watching but I also couldn't take my eyes off. My kids wanted to see what was happening as I had strapped them into their seatbelts so they could no longer look towards the scene of the accident. I purposefully drove the opposite way, taking a longer route out of the neighborhood- not wanting to allow my children the chance of seeing this horrible thing. I was sad. I confess- I don't like dogs, or cats, or ANY animal for that matter, but to see something so disturbing, to know that something had been harmed because of carelessness... then I was mad! Who was this idiot driving WAY too fast down the street? This jerk had not even driven the length of 2 houses after turning a very sharp corner before he hit the poor dog and he had to have been going REALLY fast for me to have heard his car AND to have made the dog fly that far! Not only that, he was really close to hitting the dog's owner as well. To top it all off, he didn't even slow down or stop or turn around! I wish I had gotten a better look at the car or even a liscence plate number or something! My prayers go out to the family who lost their good friend, and the poor family who witnessed it all, and also my son, that he can forget everything he saw as well. Please slow down, and pay attention when driving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That makes me so mad! I HATE careless drivers! That poor guy and his poor dog. I can't believe the car didn't even stop. Have a freaking conscience!!
When I was little our dog got hit and the lady that hit him told us to keep our f-ing dog out of the street. I'm still very bitter to this day.
Post a Comment